Wednesday 28 August 2013

7 MONTHS OLD


Actually its more like 7.5 to be honest so I had to get these pictures in quick before September rolls around and I missed the entire seventh month!




Woah mama... would someone please STOP THE BUS and let me catch my breath! I simply cannot believe that this much time has passed since this wee boy entered our lives ~ although in saying that, I can barely remember life without him.

He is crawling like a crazy thing now and climbing up on everything he can reach. He doesn't like sleeping thank you very much so tends to do as little of it as possible. Unless I cuddle and snuggle him to sleep then he is quite happy.
 Which (shhhh - secret squirrel) is just fine by me.

He isn't too fond of solid food either unless he is eating it all by himself so ... 
go the baby led weaning!!

He also has decided sleeping through the night is just for little babies and since he is such a big boy now he can wake up and get cuddles and food from mama instead. 

All night parties round here!

 ...by the way, would you get a load of that hat!!
Is that not the cutest thing you have ever seen! 
He has one very talented aunty alice.

On another note it is lovely to be enjoying this baby without the desperately sad feeling that I no longer have a tiny newborn around. I wondered if the feeling that I was 'done' would ever come and I am glad to say that for the first time ever. It has.
I am loving everyday with this precious treasured gift but I don't have the aching sense of loss that I have had in the past as my babies have grown.
Phew.

(I was a little worried there!!)

xx


2 comments:

  1. Oh my, my baby is only one week old and I already feel that aching sense of loss knowing he's going to grow so quickly and that will be it for us. Why do they grow so fast?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my those pants are just too cute!! Always glad to hear other Mamas out there do the same thing I do. (snuggle their wee or in our case not so wee bubbas to sleep). He looks absolutely delicious!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete